Losing the fashion battle
I love dressing up boys, so far more than girls (not that I have any to dress). I take pride in my boys looking cute. But I have to admit when I have lost the fashion battle.
Towards the end of summer, Tobey needed sneakers. Tom's mom sent over a normal white/navy pair with flashing lights. Luckily, it didn't have Elmo, Spider-Man or any other commercialism peddled on them and I actually kind of liked these plain, normal boys' sneakers. At the same time, I bought a more cool gray pair with a zipper, a little more versatile when stark white sneakers aren't appropriate to wear.
Tobey LOVES his white sneakers. It's those lights and I must admit, they are cool as they flash at the heel as well as through the slits on top so that Tobey can see them too. These are also the sneakers that Tobey can put on himself as they are "slip on" even though they look like they have laces on them. My gray ones have a zipper that Tobey has yet to master on his own.
So whenever it's time to leave the house, he grabs his white sneakers and I propose wearing the gray. I have yet to win. For all of the clothes that Tom's mom buys for Tobey that I would never let him wear, I have to admit that she has won the sneaker battle.
At least I can still win over Tom though. :-) Last Sunday I had laid out an outfit for Tobey for church, which included dark socks. Tom dressed him and let Tobey put on his white sneakers. Dark socks with white sneakers? White sneakers with jeans and a button shirt? Not my child. I actually switched out his shoes so we could walk into church respectably. I wonder what will happen when Tobey wants to go out with mismatched socks or in his PJ's. Will it be a battle I pick? So far, apparently yes!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home