Monday, October 09, 2006

Giving Play-Doh another chance

I banned Play-Doh from our house a good six months ago. I first pulled some out for Tobey after they played it at Christopher's house on a playdate. It took only one or two times of playing with it at home to realize I hate cleaning up the little bits (especially since Tobey likes to "cut" his Play-Doh) and without all the cool rolling pins or toys that Angela has, it was definitely not worth the work of cleaning up.

But as a party favor from Rohan's 1st birthday party, Tobey got a little Play-Doh toy along with two little tubs of Play-Doh. Finding it a little harder to hide or confiscate toys from Tobey without his consent, we let him play with it. I feared the worst but it's not bad this time around.

For one thing, there's LESS Play-Doh. Tom only opened up one can. Also, Tobey is a little older so he understands rolling all the little bits together into a ball and putting it back in the can. And third, this Play-Doh might possibly be a lot "fresher" than the last one we had (which is probably true because I was avoiding pulling out Play-Doh at all) and is really soft and less crumbly.

So while I'm not about to go out and get more Play-Doh or Play-Doh toys, it's welcome to stay...for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home