Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tobey: Obsessed with food

Sympathy is starting to wear thin with every plea for food from Tobey. It's almost scary his obsession with food although I have to remember, he's had very little of it in the past two days let alone in the last week.

He is non-stop asking for food. Again, it sounds ridiculous but today I gave another timeout for asking for food (although because the request was accompanied by a scream when denied), I've expressed tiredness and irritation from hearing him ask for food (after I reassured him that I know he's hungry but we need to eat slowly), but like a bad date that won't take no for an answer, he just keeps trying.

It reminds me of a recent post on a blog that I read http://www.raising4boys.com/. Their kid's habit was to recap things over and over again, including events that you were actually at. Finally, the mom (or dad?) had to teach their kid about social norms, for their kid's sake for making friends if not for the parents' own sanities. Their kid is 8 though and I'm sure any lesson on social norms is going to fly over Tobey's head. But it probably won't stop me from trying because I'm starting to run out of ideas on how to get Tobey out of this annoying toddler habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home