It's just you and me, kid
Tom and Tobey are on a father/firstborn camping trip. Eli and I are on our own this weekend. Tom joked, "Have fun on your time off!" I scoffed, anticipating Eli's bad napping and yelping that Tom mistook last night for a strange bird. I felt good that Tom felt bad that he couldn't take Eli with him. Always nice to know the 2nd one gets remembered by one of us. I told Eli, "Don't worry, Daddy will take you AND Tobey next year!" ;-) And Mommy will truly have time off!
So poor Eli, I dragged him to Westgate Mall to run some errands (and tomorrow, probably to Valley Fair to try going makeup shopping!). I tried to make it fun for him, letting him run around the mall for which he was happy. If Valley Fair isn't crazy, especially the play area, maybe I'll let him do the same.
The thing that is nice and "break like" is not just the easier logistics of just one kid. But given that Eli doesn't talk, doesn't require conversation, doesn't quite have a mind of his own yet, today has been enjoyable and QUIET! The most I've been required to say is "Eli, this way!" when he u-turns to go back to the photo fun booth. Or "No no, Eli!" when he wanders into a store entrance. He mostly complies and just needs a hand holding if he's too distracted. Ah, the days before independence.
Better go before he wakes up from his 2nd bad nap of the day. :-)

1 Comments:
It's amazing how much taking care one kid versus two kids make such a big difference. Jared went back to school last Wednesday. I went out shopping and lunch with just Jocelyn. I had a really fun time. Two kids tend to want to go in different directions, especially at the mall or grocery store. I hope you enjoyed yourself!
Post a Comment
<< Home