Tobey's morning nap?
I have to blog about a funny misunderstanding Tom had with Tobey a couple of weekends ago.
I was showering when Tom was getting us ready to go to Happy Hollow with our neighbors. At some point, Tobey said, "Teh beh nap nap?", holding a teddy bear, the napping music box and his blanket. Tom thought it was strange that Tobey was asking for a morning nap which he hasn't had in almost a year but confirmed, "Tobey wants nap nap?". Tobey replied, "Teh beh nap nap." Since it was getting near time to leave, Tom put Tobey in the car so that if Tobey fell asleep, we could still leave for Happy Hollow and he'd just nap on the way down.
When I was done getting ready, I walked into the kitchen, saw the door to the garage open and saw Tobey quietly sitting in his carseat. I asked Tom, "What's Tobey doing in the car?" and Tom said that he asked for a nap. I was like, "Really?...Sometimes he gives his teddy bear a nap.", a recent weekday ritual. You could see the tape rewinding in Tom's head, "Teh beh nap nap." Tobey said "Teddy bear nap nap" but Tom thought he said "Tobey nap nap." We rescued Tobey from the carseat right away.
Thinking back, if Tobey wanted a nap for himself, he would still be saying, "Pappy nap nap."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home