Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Eli: Sometimes limited vocabulary is a good thing

I've been paying attention to Eli's speech more closely lately because I want to determine whether or not he has any speech issues. One thing I've noticed (since before I paid attention) is that his vocab is somewhat limited, only in the sense that he can't always think of the more sophisticated word so he just describes things with words he does know. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is "the guy", whether male, female, someone we know or a stranger. He has even called my brother "the guy" when he can't think of Uncle so-and-so's name. He calls every building a "house" -- which house are we going to for dinner? (instead of which restaurant). It goes on and on and more humorous.

So thank goodness today at Target he didn't use more specific vocabulary because we were in the hosiery section looking for my socks which is also next to the area where they have underwear and bras. He takes a bra off the shelf, holds it up to his tummy and says, "Look, Mommy! I have bumps!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home